- Lazy Saturday morning - Lounging in Pajamas
Sunday we went to the mall to try and find Cayla a coat. We got Tate an Auntie Annie's Pretzel, strapped him in the stroller and we quickly hit up the department stores. We knew that once the pretzel was gone our shopping would be so painful that we'd have to call it quits. There are definite pro's and con's of coat shopping this time of year. They are either really cheaply clearanced or there are none. The clearance racks seemed to have already been scavenged and we struck out at the first 3 stores. Finally at Bealls we were able to get 2 coats for the price of one - It was quite a steal!
Never would I have thought that we'd need two more coats as our Texas winter is coming to an end, but last week Cayla managed to lose not one but two coats at school. This so conveniently happened as they were also sending home fliers how the plethera of coats at lost and found would be sent to Good Will on Friday. It wasn't until Friday morning that I realized that both of her coats were missing. We got to school early and I went with her to look in the Lost and Found. Surprisingly neither of our coats were there. One of the teachers told me that they'd had 5 times as many coats at the beginning of the week and parents had been coming all week to collect. She then whispered - and since we sent the flier home I think some parents have just been taking coats. I was fired up, but what was I to do? I sent Cayla on her way - wearing just a hoodie, and decided that we'd have to get her another coat. Now I have threatened with her life if she loses one of these. We bought the last coats in town - after this she will just have to freeze. All of this sounds eerily familiar. I lost quite a few coats in my younger days - and probably a couple in my adult years as well.
5 comments:
All I could think about when I reading this post was how she must be your daughter! I remember how mad mom was at you when she had to re-buy all your clothes from the SPS resale shop.
I see the similarities. I guess what goes around comes around. I definitely would have went to Good Will and tried to rebuy Cayla's jackets - one of which she just got in December- but they were already snatched by some other grubby parent.
Any chances of me convincing mom that she was really *fortunate* to have the *opportunity* to re-buy my jacket (and various other uniform pieces)? Some parents aren't so lucky. :)
Those are great pictures - so cute. As for the coats...kids will be kids! I agree with Bonnie - she definitely is your kid! :)
Maybe next year you should monogram her name on her coat, that will at least keep other parents from stealing her coats.
Does Tate love his John Deer...Brooks just adores his!!
Tate does love his John Deere. Actually he love anything he can ride on. He's tries to ride Cayla's scooter, and sits in the Barbie jeep just hoping that someone will take him for a ride, and now he has a little 4 wheeler that he's learning to manuvear as well.
The boy loves to be outside.
Post a Comment