Tuesday was Block out Drugs - wear pajamas and sunglasses. Cayla said she was going to wear the new Hannah Montana Pajamas and robe that Suzanne had given her for her birthday. I too was excited about this, because historically Suzanne’s gifts wind up being opened last or nearly last, and Cayla seems less excited about them. (her gift was one the last ones opened this year too) The gifts are always awesome, but either she’s already tired of opening (more so when she was younger) or she’s so stoked about another gift she’s already opened and ready to play with that she’s not so interested in Suzanne’s un-opened gift. I remember Christmas time when Cayla was 2ish, and Suzanne had to put all of the other gifts away, and practically beg Cayla to open hers. Bonnie’s gift usually gets opened first and sometimes is “the gift that she’s distracted by”. It’s quite comical to see history repeat itself year after year. The other day when Cayla was so excited about pajama day, I called Suzanne into the kitchen. It played out like this:
Me: Cayla tell Suzanne what tomorrow is.
Cayla: Pajama Day!
Me: And what are you going to wear?
Cayla: My new Hannah Montana Pajamas and my new robe!!!!!
Me: See Sue, it’s a hit!
Sue: Cayla, who gave you the pj’s and robe?
Cayla: Um... *shrugs* I don’t know, someone did.
Sue: (looks at me) My point stands. – CAYLA! I GAVE YOU THOSE!
So, my point got totally busted. Maybe we should have “practiced” before we called Suzanne in the kitchen. However Cayla wore that robe almost all day. She said she was REALLY hot it the fuzzy robe, but didn’t want to take it off. She wore it too Kid’s Klub too, but when she got in the car she was super sweaty and quickly shed the robe. Sue, you should be proud. She loved your gift so much she rather sweat than not wear it.
Yesterday was Camo Day. (I don’t remember the slogan, but it was something about Mission Accomplished)
Me: Tomorrow is camo day.
Cayla: But I don’t even really like camo.
Me: You don’t have to wear it, it doesn’t matter to me, I was just telling you.
Cayla: WHAT? THEN EVERYONE WILL THINK I DO DRUGS!
Me: Okay then we’ll get you some camo.
Cayla: I want girl camo, not boy camo. Can we get pink camo?
Me: Maybe, I’ll see what I can find.
I go to Target and find a green camo shirt with sparkly lettering saying “I’m hiding from you”. It wasn’t an amazing shirt, but it was camo and it had sparkles. I figured it would pass the test. I go home and show her the shirt.
Cayla: It looks good, can I wear a pink long sleeved shirt under it?
Me: of course.
Cayla: What does it say?
Me: I’m hiding from you
Cayla: Why does it say that? (*really confused)
Me: I don’t know, it was the only girl’s camo shirt they had.
Cayla: Alright, I wish it said “I’m wearing camo because I don’t do drugs”
Me: Yeah, that would be good, but I didn’t see that shirt.
Cayla: They must have been out of my size.
Me: I guess so.
Today is something like Cheering for a Drug-Free world. Wear your favorite jersey or cheerleading uniform. We got a little cheerleading uniform from Mimi and she wore that. Of course today is 50 degrees, but she was adamant about wearing the uniform. We added black tights and a black shirt to keep her from freezing.
I guess it’s been a successful week for Cayla.
On another Tate’s been destructive as usual. In less that 10 seconds he managed to break my sunglasses into 3 pieces. We are currently missing Chris key card for work and my watch. We’re pretty sure Tate has stashed them somewhere, but they’re yet to surface (and who knows their condition when/if we find them). Two days ago I was missing my cell phone and I found it in his toy box. Yesterday I spotted my old cell phone in one of the Tupperware containers in the cabinet. The buzz lightyear phone has been stashed in the dryer, in the seat cushions, in the bottom drawer of the oven, in the toilet, in various bags, yet we always tend to find it. (when we’re not even looking for it) Now we have two things that we really need to find and they’re no where. That boy!
2 comments:
I love the last pic with the shoes in the bath. That boy is a handful!
Tate and Brooks continue their similarities...glad you found your cell phone, mine still MIA!
Post a Comment