
This Tree has been a conversation piece for Chris, Suzanne, and I for quite some time. Months ago, while Chris grilling us one of many yummy dinners, Suzanne pointed out that this tree really needed pants. If we were normal people we would have looked at her and said – “you’re a moron, it’s a tree”, but instead, we thought it was a great idea. Then we discussed how we would we get pants on a tree? I’m thinking about where we’d have to cut them (the pants), but oh Chris, he looks up at the top of the tree. (as if he’s going to have an enormous ladder, cut all of the branches off, and actually slide the pants down the tree – we call this “blonde moment number 1”) We got on the same page that the pants would have to be cut but went no further. Every time we’ve been outside since then we’ve talked about the possibilities for this tree.

Last night, while grilling steaks, we decided that it was time to do it. The tree had been naked for long enough, and the winter months were coming. This tree really needed a pair of pants. I went to get a pair of jeans, and we started cutting. We took a short break to scarf down our ribeyes and then went back to work. The plan was to cut the pants on the inseam and then sew them back together. After getting the pants cut and trying to fit them around the tree, we realized that sewing was going to be a ton of work. We opted for a staple gun instead. Sad to say, but I then open my mouth to say “if we’d known we were going to staple we wouldn’t have had to cut the pants”. (*blonde moment number 2) Of course we’d still have to cut the pants, unless we were going to put them on Chris’ way. While stapling the pants, Sue accused me of having deformed legs that are two different sizes, because pants we’re tighter on the trees right leg than left. (Never mind the fact that we are putting these pants on tree trunks) I’m sure the trunks are the exact same size. (*blonde moment number 3)


We laughed at what losers we were for dressing the tree, but all agreed that it had to be done. Chris said we’re only losers if we start shopping for tree clothes. “Man, those are some awesome pants; they would look great on the tree!” (I wouldn’t put much past us though)
8 comments:
This had me laughing out loud!! I agree the tree looks complete now that it is dressed.
This quite possibly could be the worst/saddest/funniest post I've ever read. Tree pants, wow! Can we say too much time on your hands...
Ha, Bonnie already made the "too much time on your hands comment." We knew no one would understand but us. It was a lot of fun though and now I don't have to ask every time we sit outside "When are we going to put pants on the tree"
-Sue
I wish I would have been there for this! I can't imagine how much fun ya'll had dressing the tree. I must say, it does look much better clothed.
I had to let my friend from work read this in my office because it is way to funny and random to waste.
My sides hurt from laughing so hard. Only you two would do something like this. I think it is quite brilliant. You got anything else in the yard that needs dressing...wouldn't want them to feel left out!?
I LOVE ALL OF THESE COMMENTS! I have pulled up my own blog at least 3 times today just to look at this post and laugh.
We laughed so much last night, and one would think pants on a tree would get "old", but no way. I still laugh about it. I bet I'm the only who's ever typed "one would think pants on a tree would get "old" ."
Amanda, funny that you said something about other trees in the yard. After this project was completed we though long and hard about our other trees, and trees of our friends and family. Mom, we seriously thought about your trees, hoping to remember one who could wear pants. We thought we'd put your luau pants on it. We also said it would be great to have a pants tree in New Braunfels. It really is a great conversation piece. Unfortunately we can't think of anyone else with a "pants tree". Chris says that the next house we buy needs a pants tree in the front yard. That's some tough criteria.
I just like how it's now called a "pants tree". :) --K
Post a Comment