Our street gathered together last night for a "National Night Out" block party. In a way this was no different than many other nights of the week. Eating with the neighbors? We do that anyway. We were nervous that some of the neighbors who we don't really know and don't usually hang out with us might not come, and our party would literally be just like any other night. (not to mention we had 40 or 50 hamburger patties, and I don't think our usual crew can eat that many burgers) It turned out great and all but one family made it it out to the party. A group of firefighters came by in their fire truck, and couple of police officers brought their cars too (one being Chris). The night ended with a visit from the game warden. The kids got to climb in the fire truck and police cars, and all the rest of us got to eat some really good food. We did a flyer and asked everyone to bring their favorite snack, so we had tons of chips, dips, and sweets to go with the burgers. YUM!
Unfortunately I didn't take too many pictures - I was very busy keeping Tate away from the grill and out of the vacant houses. The only time the boy sat still was when he was eating almost an entire hamburger. :)
2 comments:
Fun! Our old neighborhood use to participate in National Night out. It was the only time I ever saw those neighbors! I am so glad that your new neighborhood is fun!!
Looks like you guys had a good turn out and lots of fun. I love the pics. The girls are so crazy! *Bons
Post a Comment