We thought Tate had a stomach bug, but after it was SO short lived, we decided that it was just the Taco Bell he’d eaten wrecking havoc on his poor intestines. I was forced to take a day off of work, because sweet Margie thought he was contagious.
I used this unplanned day off to do some of the many errands I needed to run. I worried about Tate “spoiling” my trip to town (literally), but packed us EACH an extra set of clothes and decided to chance it. We went to 6 stores, got all of the paper goods and decorations for Cayla’s party, got Tate some new pants, got more diapers, got Cayla’s birthday present, and picked up her Daisy Scout tunic. It was quite a trip, and we managed to accomplish all of this without any diaper blowouts! The worst that happened was Tate chewed the price tags off of some of our items at the party store. Very minor for us!
Chris has worked a million days straight between his regular shift, training, and teaching at the academy. We’ve been counting down to October 16th for various reasons, one of which is “the day we’ll get our husband/dad/life back”.
Cayla’s counting down to her birthday which also happens to be Oct. 16th. She’s been planning this birthday luau in her mind for many, many months now, and hopefully she will not be disappointed.
Tate – Tate’s been into EVERYTHING! He found the drawer that stores Q-tips and he likes to eat the cotton off of them – leaving the sticks behind. He hates long sleeve shirts and if you make him wear one be prepared to put his arms back in the sleeves every few minutes. I think it might be a cold winter for him. He broke a remote, Cayla’s diary, Suzanne’s party invitation, Cayla’s leapster, and the list could go on and on. Everything he touches he manages to tear up. He threw his Buzz Light Year phone into Cayla’s bathwater. I fished it out, and decided he could still use it as a pretend phone, but the beeps and lights were probably for sure dead. The phone dried out and started to work again. Amazing! Yesterday he threw that same phone in the toilet. I was a little more bitter about fishing it out this time. I washed it well with soap and what do you know, it dried out and at 4a.m. this morning Chris and I could hear Buzz coming back to life. There would be some static and then you’d hear “I’m Buzz Lightyear, Signing Off!”. Both of us were too tired to get up and find the eternal phone that Tate had left SOMEWHERE in our room, but every 5 minutes or so Buzz would give us a shout out.
*If you want to know how annoying it was, think back to Chris’ watch beeping in the New Braunfels living room! Everytime Buzz would speak, it reminded me of that stupid watch.
How in the world does he manage to break all of the “good stuff”, but the 4 dollar phone manages to persevere. Cayla was very angry with him when he broke her leapster. She’d been playing it, but set it aside to go get something. Tate grabbed it and threw it on the concrete floor. Nothing appeared to break, and we turned it back on, however ¾ of the touch screen no longer works. Now when she does the paint game, she can only pick black - and of course this is the worst color on the palette. She was very mad at her brother, and I tried to explain that we don’t throw toys. (I know I was completely unsuccessful in this lecture, but I felt for Cayla’s sake I had to say it) Later Cayla came back and said that I shouldn’t be too mad at him, because he’s just little and it was her fault that she hadn’t put it in the case. I thought that was very sweet of her. She always takes up for the little guy, even when he’s breaking her stuff. She always runs to help him when he slams his fingers in the toilet lid, she digs rocks and leaves out of his mouth when he plays outside, she wipes his nose if its fixing to run into his mouth, she sings to him when he’s screaming and when he screams louder she sings louder – it turns into a game that he thinks is very fun.
Last on the list for this update: We had our first official Daisy Scout Meeting last night! It went great, and the girls started learning the Girl Scout Promise. We did a craft, played some games, and everyone seemed to have a good time. It was fun, but those 5 year olds are rambunctious! You teachers out there are saints! I could never do it.
3 comments:
Thanks for the update! Sounds like you've had a LOT going on. But I'm glad everything is going well (esp. the Girl Scout meeting). I'm hoping at Thanksgiving, maybe I'll get to see your kids. :) --K
On my honor, I will try....I can restate the whole thing, but I won't!
Glad to see you're still alive!
CRAP! He broke her leapster! Do you remember what I'm giving her for her birthday....
Post a Comment