My little boy isn’t so little anymore, and Cayla’s on the homestretch of her elementary school days. Where has the time gone? This morning I took them to school, and for the first time EVER, that meant only one stop for me. Tate’s starting his first year at Creekview Elementary and Cayla finishing her days there as a 4th grader.
I’d envisioned how sad I would be when my youngest youngster went off the kindergarten, but that was hardly the case. He was so excited about starting school this morning, I couldn’t help but smile.
All ready to go:
Dad came by to wish them luck!
Tate posing with his cubby (and then his teacher).
I think his teacher is going to be great! Mrs. Gammenthaler (lucky for him she goes by “Mrs. G”) seems to be really fun. They have a class pet (frog) named Tippy who immediately won his heart. That’s as close as he’ll get to having a real pet.
I managed to get one picture of Cayla and her teacher Ms. Faske. Cayla was excited to begin school (but clearly I was embarrassing her with my camera). I’m sure I’ll get an earful when I pick them up this evening.
One day they can look back on these pictures and see how sweet it was of their dad to come wish them luck at school. They’ll probably wonder where their mom was….
1 comment:
So glad your back!
Post a Comment