Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Day 1–Success!

Yesterday went off without a hitch.  Cayla called the day a little boring, only because she didn’t really learn anything.  Tate said there was nothing boring about his day.  He loves art, PE, recess, and the cafeteria makes the best chicken nuggets ever! 

Cayla’s excited about her teachers. Mrs. F. is known for being “hip”, and Mr. W. is known for being funny.  She was a little irritated that neither of her best friends are in her class, but she recovered quickly.  Her best friends are not only in the same class, but they are even at the same table.  I assured her that that would probably not end well.   I would put money on it that one of them gets moved by the end of the week.  I remember being moved away from my friends as a kid.  Winking smile

IMG_3157

We’ve made it out of the house on time 2 days in a row.  Tate’s mission for today was to ride the bus.  He would have loved to ride yesterday, but it would have meant me following the bus in my car just to get the first day of school pictures.  IMG_3160

I didn’t notice it at the time but he’s holding Cayla’s hand at the bus stop.

IMG_3161

In effort to get him and the bus in the same picture, I realize that  I almost missed him altogether.  Is he really shorter than the tire?

IMG_3163

Off to school he goes with his really large backpack.  Actually the backpack is normal  teenage-size, but he immediately fell in love with it. 

Just a short story to divert from all of the back to school festivities:

IMG_1182

Tate’s found a new love for boxer briefs.  He likes them most because they resemble his dad’s underwear (sorry Chris the cat’s outta the bag).  It wasn’t until yesterday that I learned that he’s thought that these underwear actually belonged to Chris’ when he was young!  Chris, the guy who doesn’t keep much of anything, would have had to keep these undies for 33 years in hopes that he would have a 5 year old son now.  Tate seemed a little bummed when I let him in on the secret that they were new. Sad smile  He’ll get over it, and one day he’ll be very thankful that we didn’t make him wear his dad’s hand-me-down undies.

1 comment:

CGG said...

haha - 33-year-old undies don't sound that appealing... but I guess they do when you're 5! That's hilarious - thanks for the post! Glad they had a good day at school!