Tate: I Sit.
Me: Where did you sit?
Tate: Tinking Pot (Thinking Spot)
Me: Did you make bad choices? (This is all lingo from the school - they really emphasize choices and if you don't pick the good choice you go to the Thinking Spot - known as "Having to Sit")
Tate: YEP!
Me: What was your bad choice?
Tate: I_____ HIT ______MY ______ FEND!
The good news is - school has taught him to talk in sentences and his vocabulary has greatly expanded.
The bad news? He hit his friend and visits the "Tinking Pot" everyday. When Cayla was in preschool she was devastated when she "Had to Sit" and we actually punished her at home as well. We haven't introduced the "you get in trouble at school, you get in trouble at home" parenting strategy to Tate yet. (and Cayla has noticed!) He "sits" enough at home as it is (for doing things like "stomping bananas", "watering the TV", stealing the 'R' key off of my laptop, and coloring our house). One day he will write a book titled - "My Life in the Thinking Spot".
4 comments:
I hope your kids find this blog half as entertaining one day as we do now.
Aunt Rose
Tracy,
This is so funny to read. I know it is not funny as you live the experiences though. Just think of the blackmail you will have against Tate one day.
Deb
The good news is it only takes about 6-8 weeks before they realize what they are missing. I know boys are so much harder to teach a lesson to...girls will cry when they get in trouble. Boys just sit there and don't care. I am sure it is going to improve soon. P.S. good use of cont. the school words at home! That helps too...
When is it too early to introduce the "Tinking" spot? We might need it now.
Post a Comment