Monday, June 29, 2009

The Weekend in Pictures

It was a busy weekend. The pictures showcase a busy weekend for Tate - but clearly when Tate's "busy" that means we are all busy.

  • I can't even begin to tell you how many rolls of toilet paper he's unrolled. Sometimes he just unrolls, sometimes he eats some, he might throw it into the toilet, and occasionally he flushes. Considering the mass quantities of toilet paper his little guy uses he should AT LEAST be potty trained, but no... Yesterday he pulled his "now you see me now you don't" trick and in no time he'd shredded roll of toilet paper - many layers deep.

























    This used to be a nerf football.




    • Cayla's bike helmet












    • Bowling pins.




























    At times he can look so angelic.



    In summary - for Tate's birthday he's only allowed receive replenishments for all that he's broken or wasted and Nerf is off limits!

    I feel like at time Cayla gets the shaft when it comes to blog stories. She doesn't get into much trouble, so my "Cayla Posts" would be, she woke up, ate breakfast, played with her friends, ate dinner, and went to bed. She's sweet and she keeps a low profile. Thank God, because that brother of hers provides plenty of action. Last night she came to me and wanted to do something nice for dad. Her only idea was to make him muffins again (like we did on Father's Day). Unfortunately we'd just eaten dinner, so instead we settled on chocolate chip cookies. She was destined to make it a surprise even though Chris tried his hardest to spoil it. He (very intentionally) kept making excuses for why he needed to go in the kitchen, and in the mean time she's bending over backwards to keep him out. When he needed a drink she quickly went to fetch it for him. When he claimed nature was calling, she sweetly escorted him to the guest bathroom, then stood guard outside the door and escorted him back. Those cookies cooked for a long 11 minutes! When they were done, she put some on a plate, added an "I love you" note, and took him some milk. After all of the trouble he caused, I wonder if she was regretting that "I want to do something nice for dad" idea?

    • Tucked in and ready for bed. Each of her stuffed friends is tucked in as well. Why she loves sleeping on the floor - I don't know. At this rate that bed will last her forever!










    • Tate's early morning temper tantrum led to the self-extraction of my left toe nail. He was kicking and screaming (something about not wanting grapes or cheese) and I was trying to put him the corner to settle down. He clearly didn't want to sit in the corner and he fought me all the way until his butt hit the floor. In his rage he stomped my toe and that left my nail hanging adjacent to my toe. I pulled it off and painted the skin. I was hoping the nail would make it until after the 4th of July, but no such luck. The toe is a bit sore today - I don't know if that is due to the force of Tate's gorilla foot or the loss of the nail.


  • 3 comments:

    DenKag said...

    Well, I'm buying you steel-toed boots for Christmas this year, that's for sure! Maybe I can fashion some steel-toes sneakers, too. Your poor toes! At least they can grow back together now.

    Tracy said...

    I never noticed how often my toes got stepped on before, but since this I think on an average day they get stepped on at least 20 times a day. Yesterday I told Chris they probably got hit at least 35 times. It sounds ridiculous, but every time Cayla and Tate run up to me one of them gets my toes. Tate throws his cup and it's going to land on my toe. He drops his jack in the box? Sure enough on my toe. It almost became comical (in a painful type way).

    Abby said...

    Is this a new background? I like it! Can't wait to see the chaos that will be caused this weekend!