Friday, June 19, 2009

An Update of Nothing

Not really anything to report here. (I think that's a good thing - I'm fine with uneventful)

Cayla's been in swimming lessons all week and is not sure if they are going well. According to her, everytime she swims the instructors tell her "Don't forget to do _____, be sure to do _______, etc." She thinks this means that she's not doing a good job since she's not swimming perfectly. I tried to explain to her that the instructors are SUPPOSED to tell her those things, to which she responds "well, I don't tell them what to do". I think she liked "little kid swim lessons" better. There she was considered "advanced" because she wasn't scared to put her head under. They applauded her every move and cheered at even the smallest accomplishments. I tell her that we're paying money for them teach her and tell her those reminders. At this she was shocked - "WHAT, YOU ARE PAYING THEM TO TEACH ME - THEY REALLY DON'T WANT TO?" I guess she thought that these highschool and college aged kids just gave up their summers because they loved kids. Hopefully she doesn't give her swim teacher an earful today during class.

Chris has been busy with firearm training this week. It's all outside, so when I come in in the evening complaining about how unloading groceries made me sweaty, he has no sympathy for me. He's unofficially name me "TOE". So, I now instead of Hun, Dear, or Tracy, I get "Hey Toe, can you get me that?"

My nail-less toe is doing well. I've downgraded the dressing on it to only a band aid, and I don't look like such a freak. I am however concerned that I still might lose the drilled toe nail. I don't think it feels as tight as it did earlier in the week. Lucky for me it doesn't hurt and I'm able to enjoy whatever time I have left with it. I've never really been a fan of "Crocs", but now I'm seriously thinking of getting some. I can sport flip flops with a band aid on one toe, but two? That sounds pretty awful.

Tate's keeping things interesting - never a dull moment with that kid. At not even two he's eating us into the poor house. Snacks seem to fly off the pantry shelves at an alarming rate of speed, and even when he eats an early dinner with Cayla he still will manage to eat later with us . If we're eating steak he will DEFINITELY eat with us too. Grocery store snacks don't seem to cut it this summer. With Cayla taking her lunch everyday (and 3 snacks), Tate's growing appetite, and some hungry neighbors that find their way to our pantry, SAM'S is the only place that allows me to not make multiple store trips within the week.



Note he even took the clip off the bag...





3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Tell him to stop growing up until I get there. He is getting too big and I miss them!

Bonnie said...

I love that he calls you toe. That's too funny. I can't believe how big he's getting, he's such a little boy now.

DenKag said...

I think it's funny that you even can say it doesn't feel as "tight"...I can't imagine what a "loose" toenail would feel like. Hang on to that one!