Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Enjoying the Time Change

Yesterday was a workshop for our Daisy Troop. I can't say I'm overly impressed with the workshops our county puts on, but the girls at least enjoyed being together and playing outside. This workshop was to plant a flower garden. I know the girls didn't notice, but if I had to guess these flowers have zero chance of making it. They planted them no deeper than two inches, because the instructers were having trouble digging the holes. While the holes were being dug, the girls were being chased by bees and bitten by fire ants.

The workshop was held out at the local Girl Scout Camp. This place is run down, and I guarantee no one will water them. Our "garden" consisted of 4 or 5 flowers plants. I got two of them in a picture.

The girls didn't think this activity was so bad, but most of their time was spent playing tag and climbing on a small deck. They had a good time... but I don't think they came away with any gardening skills.











*****************************************************************************
I'm loving this time change. Monday I had to work a little late, and yesterday we didn't get home from the Flower Garden until around 7:00. Both days we still had plenty of time to play outside.
Tate is now allowed to go for rides in Cayla's Barbie Jeep. He loves it! I see a little John Deere Gator in his future.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the time change too. Oh that poor flower garden!
AV

DenKag said...

He looks so happy in that Jeep!!! He's got the best grin in the world. :) I'm also on board for the time change - I'm ready for summer!