Today was our trip to The Nutcracker ballet. From the frilly costumes, to the beautiful decorations, to the Christmas tree that "grew", Cayla loved it all. I was a little concerned that she might not enjoy it much since she'd never been to a ballet (and she doesn't even like ballet). When we talked about it earlier this week, I explained it like a real-life movie. I told her that there wasn't talking, but lots of music. She seemed to think this was all okay and compared it to Tom and Jerry. See, I was a little concerned, but at least she compared it to something she liked. Fortunately she loved it all and can't wait to go back. She woke up this morning ready to wear her dress and new shoes. She was dressed by 10am even though we weren't leaving until 12:30. On the way home Cayla and her friend Talaena talked the entire time about show. Well, almost the entire time. When they weren't talking about the ballet they were scheming to come up with a plan to allow Cayla to come play at Talaena's house when we got back to town. However, Talaena's parents were going to a party, so there was going to be a babysitter for the evening. Even though Talaena's mom and I could hear everything they were saying, their plan was not to ask us, instead ask the babysitter directly. We laughed because they seemed to think they were so smart and sneaky. When we got back to town the girls ran into Talaena's house and asked the babysitter if Cayla could stay. It so happens that Talaena's babysitter was Suzanne, and of course in Suzanne's effort to be the favorite aunt she certainly said yes.

Here are a few pictures taken of Tate tonight. Currently Tate's already asleep, Chris is working, and Cayla will be home from Talaena's in about 45 minutes. The house seems to be 100 times quieter than I've ever heard. (even the ferrets are asleep) I just turned on HGTV, my feet are propped up, and I'm totally loving this! (at least for the next 45 mintues)
No comments:
Post a Comment