Monday, December 15, 2008

Busy, Busy

The stockings are hung, the gifts are wrapped, but the cards aren’t sent out, the dirty laundry is piled up, we have an obligation every night this week, there are still 3 presents to buy, and we leave for our Christmas travels on FRIDAY!
Busy week last week compounded with coughing, snot, headaches, and LOTS of wheezing, made for a late night ER trip for Tate on Wednesday night/ Thursday morning. He’s recovered very quickly and is back to his sweet energetic self.
Cayla made the trip to El Campo this weekend for Emery’s bear stuffing birthday party, and to see a production of Miracle on 34th street. Abby, I hear Emery’s birthday party was amazing and Brian was “so so so funny!”
Chris and I went to a Christmas Party on Saturday night and had a good time, but somewhere in there he managed to break his tooth – OUCH. (This is the guy who never has cavities and claims to have “great teeth”) This morning he’s hoping to get that fixed. Currently his tongue is being cut up by his tooth, so not only does his ½ tooth hurt, his tongue is cut up and swollen.
Yesterday we went to a birthday party, Tate got a hair cut, we picked up Cayla in Bellville, and I wrapped the remainder of our gifts.

It will be a busy week and if I don’t get payroll done for our 5 companies, my problems will be much larger than “late Christmas cards”. I just might be writing out Christmas cards in the car on the way to Texarkana and they might not be the greatest cards in the world, but at some point I’ll get them out.




  • Tate's hair cut probably deserved its own post since it's one of the "firsts", but no time for that. This was his first "real hair cut". I've been trying to trim it up myself by cutting the little curl off of the bottom from time to time, but last week I trimmed it up while he was in the bathtub and when it dried it looked pretty bad. Chris was referring to it as his dumb and dumber cut, so I opted to take him for a real cut.










  • Tate "helped" me wrap presents for the children we adopted off of the tree at church. He's a multi-tasker because he did this while eating his happy meal. Occasionally he'd rest is nugget on the gift, or get a few drops of juice on the paper, but rather than try to remove him from the situation I opted to look at it as him just adding a little love to the gift and a personal touch.

2 comments:

DenKag said...

Well, I think his haircut looks wonderful, and I'm sure no one will notice a little nugget juice. :) Good luck with your busy week, and hope to see you over Christmas!

Abby said...

Doesn't something always happen when Chris goes to that Christmas party?

We are so glad Cayla could come and hunt with us, luckily she did not drown in the lake!!

Our christmas cards are always late. I think people enjoy the new year cheer...or so that's what I'm going with.

Abby