Thursday, December 4, 2008

Things are looking up!

The week has gotten better! (although it’s not hard to beat puke and dirty diapers) We have had no more vomiting and Cayla’s been back at school since Tuesday. We found Chris’ little blue key card (in a Rubbermaid container filled with pictures – thanks Tate), so he no longer has to beg his coworkers to allow him into work. Tate’s added a few of new words to his vocabulary – Mimi, Puppy, and Snack. Mimi came easily since it’s so similar to Mommy and we all know he screeches that a lot! Puppy is used to describe every animal. We thought he might be working on “PawPaw or Papa”, but then we noticed that he used it when he was chasing mom’s cat. He now calls the ferrets puppies too and he chases them lots! Snack sounds more like “Nack”, but he definitely associates it with food. For a long time I thought he’d say Snack before Mommy (since he’s such an eater), but I guess I barely won that race. Now I get to hear “Mommy, NACK!” That means he’s hungry. This past weekend Bonnie worked on teaching him her name and the closest he got was “Baboo”. Suzanne’s been trying to teach him “Sue” for months, but he just gives her blank stares.

Since I haven’t posted any pictures in awhile here are a few from last night. Suzanne took a break from studying last night to eat dinner with us then wrestle with Tate.







2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Glad to hear things are looking up. I'll be working on Bonnie when I see you guys again, but I'm happy to accept Baboo!

DenKag said...

Look at all those teeth! How cute. Make sure you teach Tate was "silver" is - you sure didn't teach Cayla! :)