Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Update

All is going well. We had a great trip this weekend visiting Bonnie, Michael and the PUPPIES! I really only capitalized puppies because that was the highlight of the trip for Cayla and Tate. Tate liked the puppies but when they’d get in his face he’d quickly put them back in their place with a swat. (and sometimes he’d seek them out just to swat them) :( I’m sure the puppies were probably glad to see Tate go. Cayla loves her canine cousins (aka her godbrother and godsister) Crash and Scout! She slept with Bonnie and the puppies and was ever so sweet to them. When all of the rest of us were making fun of Crash for falling off of the chair (yes, Bonnie’s right Crash is a very appropriate name for this pup), Cayla went over to Crash, patted his belly and consoled him. She told him how everyone makes mistakes and not to be sad. The puppies loved Cayla and she has been missing them LOTS! She’s been sleeping with two stuffed dogs ever since her sleepover at Crash and Scout’s. She made sure that Crash didn’t sleep too close to the edge, because he’d surely fall off. Sadly I don't have a single picture from our weekend at Bonnie's. Here are pictures of her with the stuffed dogs though.

  • "Scout" has the purple necklace and "Crash" is the dalmation. When she's not missing Bonnie's puppies so much the stuffed animals are named Heartsy and Mollie.


Chris has been working some long hours lately, and Cayla and Tate have both been missing him. (particularly Cayla) Last week when he wasn’t home on time I told her that he was “hung up at work”. She gave me a very bizarre look, because she’d never heard that figure of speech. She asked “what, do you mean he’s hung up at work?” I told her that sometimes when people make bad choices dad has to work longer to help put them in jail. She then asks, “and the bad guys hang dad’s shirt on a hook?” I explain that he really doesn’t hang, it just means he gets home late.

Sunday was another late night for Chris, and Cayla was already asleep when he got home. During the evening she’d asked about him and missed him a lot. I told her dad was working late and she replies, “I guess he got hooked up again”. “Hooked up” – none of the meanings I can think of are very appealing.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Ahh! The puppies miss her so much too. I think this weekend was the most attention they have gotten since we moved. I'm glad you guys were able to make it. It was good to see everyone!

Emily said...

Oh that is funny, the hooked up! I love how they can take what you say and "try" to understand. Here recently I have been reading my kids at school Amillia Badillia books. They are very much like "hung up at work"!

Anonymous said...

I sure hope he didn't hook up that night! :) Just teasing. That's so cute that they miss him - I know I would've when I was little. It must be tough, but they love him so much! It's so cute. --K