Saturday morning I headed out to do a little shopping. Chris was rolling and patrolling at work, so I had both kiddos in tow. As we’re loading into the car, we’re discussing Cayla’s upcoming Girl Scout nature hike. I tell her to be sure to wear her comfy tennis shoes and good socks (real socks, not the kind with polka dots from the dollar bin at Target). She tells me that her tennis shoes aren’t so comfy, and she’d rather wear crocs.
My reply - “You don’t hike in Crocs! What’s wrong with your tennis shoes, are they too small?”
Cayla – “No they fit fine, but I just have to wrinkle my toe a little bit to the side so it doesn’t hurt”.
Me – “Okay, that means they don’t fit, we’ll look for some while we’re out”.
Tate goes on to say how he wants new shoes too. I assure him that his shoes are “just fine”.
On the list: gift for Chris, shoes for Cayla, outfit for me.
There was only one thing that I knew Chris wanted – a lemon zester. Odd indeed, but he finds it hard to cook in my gadget-less kitchen. I drive aimlessly, with no plan of where we are going. I knew that it was going to be nearly impossible to do “real shopping” with Tate along. What I really needed was a one stop shop! As we near some potential stores, the kids are already arguing over the one bottle of Gatorade they’d found in the backseat. We end up at Kohl’s (surely the only place where one can buy a shoes, clothes, and a zester).
Inside Tate was a bit obsessed with these poor mannequins. The boy couldn’t keep his eyes or hands off of them. In all actuality he wanted to FIX them. He was stressed that they didn’t have heads (or legs). He wanted to lift her off of her post to fix her. To bystanders, he appeared to be hugging, groping, or possibly undressing them. It didn’t look good at all!
Cayla was mortified by her little bro. She was too embarrassed to even look at him (or the mannequin torso). We may have been a little stressed by the time we were done, but we’d purchased a lemon zester, shoes, and date clothes.
Later that day, Cayla was hit by a nasty stomach bug and I was privileged enough to clean up the aftermath. Sunday, I was hit by that same fine bug. Gross! With Chris in school, and me in bed, Tate had free reign over the house. I felt too terrible to even care. Chris came home to toys in every room of the house and probably a million calories worth of crumbs on the floor. You name it, he’d helped himself.
Monday I didn’t feel great, but I thought I was getting better. I went to work because I didn’t want to miss out on my date that night. I took some meds and felt better. That night we went out to a place that neither of us had ever been, “The Republic”. It was very nice and I had a really good time. Way to go MCP! It was sweet that he wore a tie that complimented my clothes (even if he did make fun of himself for doing so). :)
We then picked up the kids and went home. I was in bed not long after that and the sickness returned full force. YUCK!
Props to C. Perkins for planning another great date. Maybe he should do this more than once a year – he sure is good at it! :)
On another note - Yesterday Tate blew out the front of his tennis shoe. Back to shoe shopping; but this time we aren’t shopping anywhere that sells lingerie!
1 comment:
Okay, I about died laughing at that picture. His face is in the WRONG PLACE for a little boy! hahahahaha Oh boy, I can just imagine that trip. Too funny!
Post a Comment