Saturday, February 5, 2011

Resurrection

Maybe it takes something as monumental as snow in College Station to resurrect this blog.  Friday we had one of those virtually unheard of occurrences – a SNOW DAY.  Last weekend we were out eating ice cream wearing shorts, and this weekend we’re bundled up playing in the snow.  Cayla was a bit disappointed in our “snow gear” – most notably the face that we don’t own snow shoes.  I’m certain her RAIN BOOTS were very suitable for our 1 inch of snow.  Tate was bundled up as well.  He wore a pair of Cayla’s leggings under his wind pants.  He was a little concerned about wearing “gale pants” (girl pants), but once I pointed out that they were brown he was very agreeable.  I was sure to quickly tuck the little bows (that are on the bottom of the leggings) into his tallest socks.

 

IMG_2257IMG_2258IMG_2260IMG_2265IMG_2266IMG_2276IMG_2268IMG_2271IMG_2273

 

We had a great time, but that doesn’t mean we didn’t freeze.  We ventured it twice (each for about an hour).  Whoever knew an hour could seem so long – especially when you’re cold.  Now most all of the snow is gone – we’re left with slush and mud. Sad smile  That’s not nearly as fun. 

 

Here are a couple of pictures from a sunnier day. 

IMG_2245IMG_2251IMG_2247IMG_2253IMG_2248

2 comments:

DenKag said...

It's snowing everywhere!!! Crazy. I hope the kids enjoyed the bit of snow you got! :)

Abby said...

We are so jealous of your snow!! Glad it resurected the blog though, we've missed y'all!!