All’s fine with us; but I realize I'm a complete blog-slacker! Chris has been busy putting up a storage shed. He finished it yesterday… thank goodness! I had to help with the base and I reminded him many times how I hate manual labor. He didn't sympathize with me and it just earned a nickname of "Manual" for the rest of the project. I realized that I really do hate anything having to do with a shovel, and leveling drives me insane! Considering how long it took us to get the thing level, I really thought this might have to be a month long project. We add dirt, take away dirt, get three sides level to just to find that the 4th was not. It was "close", but "close" was not acceptable. We'd fix some more and the try the level again. While checking the sides I say, "Are you looking over my shoulder because you think I'm going to lie... because I was certainly thinking about it!" His response, "It's Quality Control, Manual".
Another tree out front has died, so he had to cut that down too. The multiple freezes this year were especially tough on our front bed, so guess what, he had to pull up many of those things as well. He’s been a manual labor maniac lately. Maybe I should start calling him "Manual". Tate desperately wanted to help with the shed. It didn't take long to realize he was no help at all. He took his shovel to the wet concrete... TWICE, and hit the shed with Chris' hammer. After that we put him back in the house. His newest goal is finding ways to escape from the house. We have to keep everything locked at all times. I’m just waiting for Chris or I to accidently lock ourselves out while trying to keep him inside. Tate's other newest “thing” is nakedness. He can go to the potty by himself, but doesn’t like to put his clothes back on. I was helping Chris with the shed on Sunday and when I went in to check on him, Tate was playing in the garage. Cayla had left the door unlocked and the garage door was open. As if being outside wasn’t bad enough he was naked from the waist down. I brought him back in and put on his clothes. Later that evening, the teenage neighbors came in the backyard where Chris and I were working and said, Tate got out so we put him back inside. Then the neighbor boy said, and by the way, he’s not wearing any pants! GEEZ. Sometimes saying “that boy’s a handful” seems like such an understatement!
We're headed to EC for Easter this weekend... maybe I'll actually have pictures to post!
2 comments:
We need shed pictures!!! :) Especially the spot where Tate hit it, if it left a mark. Ha!
I agree...I'd like to see the shed. I'm laughing about tate. I've been considering buying those door alarm things when your door opens the alarm sounds. Not at the people coming in, but the ones going out!!
Post a Comment