Sunday, January 8, 2012

Cherry Carmex and David Hasselhoff

IMG_0008

Chris started night shift this week and it’s been a bit of an adjustment for all of us.  He’s learning to sleep during the day (he’s gotten better at it after getting little to no sleep for the first two nights).  Apparently coffee and Monster drinks can only take a person so far before they pass out from exhaustion. 

Since we all survived the week I thought a date night was in order.  The kids were thrilled to get to go to Powersports “Kids Night Out” for the evening.  This was a first for Tate and very excited to be included (or invited). 

Powersports is open from 7-11:30.  We planned to drop the kids off by 7 and then head to dinner and maybe spend some time at a wine bar.  Tate’s been suffering from some severely chapped lips (he licks them just as I did with a kid).  Being the child of two carmex addicts, we sent him with some cherry carmex.  It made him happy knowing that he had is cherry carmex tucked away in his pocket. 

I love dates!  Dinner was great; and of course the wine bar didn’t disappoint (other than the fact that they closed at 9)!  We’d eaten dinner, had a few drinks, and at 9:15 we were settling up the check.  Chris and I looked at each other and decided that our “dating skills” needed some work.   We could have went somewhere else, but  we were out of our element.  It was our first date in quite a while, and I guess we max out at two stops.  Smile  With that we decided to just go pick the kiddos up early.  Being that it was Tate’s first go at Powersports we thought maybe a shorter stay would be better (secretly we were just making excuses for our short date).   We agreed to plan better for the next date night and maybe we would make it until 10!  

We picked the kiddos up at 9:30 and were greeted by Tate… in tears.  He’d lost his cherry carmex.  There was no consoling him, he was devastated by this.  He was having a meltdown all because he lost his cherry carmex.  This was our talk on the ride home:

Tate (in tears) : MY CHERRY CARMEX!  (he was so scared about what was going to happen to it if we left Powersports without it)

Cayla: Maybe David Hasselhoff will come from Hollywood and return it.  (I have no clue where she came up with this, but Chris and I just looked at each other and busted out laughing)

Tate actually believed her. 

I knew that we had some work to do as soon as we got home.  I ran into the house and quickly threw a tube of cherry carmex into a small gift box; on it I wrote “To: Tate”, “From: Powersports”. Tate was greeted by the box when he walked in the door and he was thrilled that David Hasselhoff had saved the day.  He’d gone all the way to Powersports, found the long lost carmex, and returned it to him all before we were even able to make it home.  He now thinks David Hasselhoff is a real superhero!

What’s in-store for our next date?

 

**Note Cayla is obsessed with this blog now; she’s read every post.  She even helped write this one. **

2 comments:

CGG said...

hahaha - what a great story! You can't make this stuff up.... :-)

DenKag said...

Omg, the HOFF saved the day! That is amazing... Good thinking, Cayla! :)