Sunday, August 7, 2011

Graduation

Chris is finished!  To some people it may seem that the past two years may  have flown by, but at times we feel like it’s been a long two years.  Chris is still adjusting to the fact that school is no longer hanging over his head. Cayla, Tate and I are thrilled to have him back (no longer reading and writing papers after work).  So much has changed since he started this program.  When he began we were at a very hectic time of our lives.  Tate had just turned 2 and was certainly a very busy little boy (we’re still waiting for him to grow out of this “busy stage” – anyone know when this ends?).  Louie and Ruthie were still in the hospital on their initial marathon of a hospital stay.  Cayla was starting the first communion program at CCD (which at our church requires many parent meetings as well – Wednesdays and some Mondays).  We thought our plates were already full, but this was an opportunity that he’d thought about for a while and really couldn’t pass up.  In addition to meetings, trips to Houston, the kids activities, work and whatever else was going on, we decided he would go back school as well.  We were a little crazy!

I have to say he did an excellent job and I’m so proud of him.  We managed to fall into some sort of groove.  I took on the CCD parent meetings, and on weeks that I didn’t have to go he’d take Cayla to CCD.  He’d just sit in his truck in the parking lot for the hour she was in class… it was 1 hour of uninterrupted studying. (something that was nearly impossible to get done in the early evening when at home with Tate).  He studied, read, or wrote papers in various places, but always managed to get them done.  Even when we went to Vail, CO for my friend Kristin’s wedding he read in the hot tub (while I was off with the bride and bridesmaids drinking mimosas). Smile  Like I said, he figured it all out, and got it done.

Cheers to graduation day!

 

IMG_2419

Who are those people down there?  Yes, lets just say that Gene and Brenda thought they scored some amazing seats at graduation.  I’m sure they wondered why everyone else was sitting in the upper levels (or off to to the side) when so many great seats were still open.  Too bad that’s where all of the graduates were supposed to sit.  They had to find some new seats, but I couldn’t pass up snapping a photo.  Smile

IMG_2422IMG_2428IMG_2431IMG_2445IMG_2446IMG_2448

IMG_2413IMG_2451IMG_2452IMG_2456IMG_2459IMG_2461IMG_2462IMG_2464

With this all a Masters Degree under his belt – up next VACATION!  He definitely earned it, and I’m glad I get to go along.  We can’t wait!  A week from today we will be laying on the beach, drinking various colors of drinks, without a textbook in sight! 

However, he always likes to have a “project”… with school done I knew he’d come up with some else.  Next on his list, he wants to learn how to make wine.  I think I can easily deal with this hobby.  Smile

3 comments:

Abby said...

There is a lovely piece of property near Navasota I so want to own, apparenlty it would be great for a vineyard. So if you'd like to float me a loan, I'll give all the grapes to Chris!!

Congrats to you all, it was a family affair!!

DenKag said...

Congrats, Chris! Quite an accomplishment, especially with everything y'all had going on. Those are some great pics of y'all, too. I say...let's celebrate with margaritas and tequila shots!!!!

CGG said...

Congratulations!!