I think Cayla’s first day of 3rd grade hit me harder than her first day of preschool or kindergarten. Chris and I came back from vacation (that will have to be its own blog), and she all of the sudden seemed so grown up.
We’d shopped the perfect 3rd grade clothes and she’d picked out a suitable 3rd grade backpack and lunchbox. Yesterday evening she packed her own lunch, tried on her first day of school outfit (for the second time), and asked me to “practice” how she was going to wear her hair. You guys who know me never “practice” on my own hair – where’d this girly girl come from? She wanted it all to go just right!
Last night at bedtime she decided to sleep with her bedroom door shut. Her reasoning: “I’m in the 3rd grade now, it’s about time I quit being scared of sleeping with the door shut… so I’m giving it a shot!” She made it all night and woke up earlier than me with a smile her face .
Cheers to the first day of 3rd grade!
5 comments:
She isn't too old yet, she still let you take a picture inside the house!!
(I ment inside the school!)
We discussed that this might be the last year she allows us to walk her into school and take pictures. I'm not sure if she was more embarassed by my photos, or the fact that I made her stand my the sign on the 3rd grade hallway (which is inconveniently located right next to the boys restroom).
She looks so big!!!
How cute! Hope her first day of school was terrific!
Post a Comment