Loungin’ a bit in the river?
3 straight days of eatin junk food, drinking sodas, and playing with your cousins?
Cuddling with Mimi?
Endless Attention?
Making it back to New Braunfels with all of your family after such a tough year?
Beating Jared at ping pong with spectators as witnesses?
Nice cold beer after a day of golfing?
Foosball?
Loving new cousin Emily enough to even share your Tigger?
Swimming?
We had a great weekend! Tate truly believe that he showed Emily the ropes, and even asked if we were taking her home. Excuse me, but I have Cayla who’s so easy going and self-sufficient and a completely potty trained almost 3 year old who sleeps through the night and is seemingly getting a little easier to manage. Nothing about starting over with all of that sounds so appealing. I had to tell him, “Nah, we’ll just take your sister home”. Yet as interested as he was in her, he didn’t like Chris or I holding her one bit. I was allowed to hold her on one knee just as long as he was able to sit on the other.
Yesterday we had the largest rainbow I’ve ever seen. The kiddos were so excited to see it.
It was a double rainbow, but the second one can barely be seen.
Less than 10 minutes after it first appeared, it vanished. This confused the heck out of Tate. I got lots of questions: “Where did the rainbow go?” “Who took the rainbow?” “Why did the rainbow go away?” “When’s the rainbow coming back?” I tried to tell him that God put the rainbow away… he looked at me like I was completely insane. Unhappy with my answer, he began asking his questions all over again. I then said, “The sky took the rainbow”. He agreed, “Yeah, the sky took the rainbow!” We’ll have to try our lesson on God another day.
3 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun! I like the rainbow talk with Tate. :)
And I'm also jealous of your little tiny bird legs. :D
Didn't realize that Tate wanted to take Emily home. I knew that he would be intrigued by a baby. Too cute.
Post a Comment