Friday, December 4, 2009

Merry Christmas Tracy

Christmas came early for me this year and kudos to Chris for doing an excellent job again.  Who is this guy that I've been married to for 7 1/2 years who has given great gifts two years in a row?  There have been years when Christmas was very near and Chris disappears to start his shopping. There have been years when Christmas is a day or two away and I've gotten in trouble for having not given him gift ideas.  There was a year when I basically tried to arrange my own Christmas present and that didn't go over so well either.  This year however, on the FIRST day of December, I had three wrapped (bags - WITH TISSUE) waiting for me on the fireplace when I got home from work.  In one was a brush (that I couldn't immediately identify a use for), in another was a memory card, and in the final gift was a brand new Rebel XS.  I've talked for years about wanting a nice camera and obviously he was actually listening to some of those rambles. 

Here are some of my pictures from the past couple of days. I haven't even read the users manual yet, and if anyone cares to teach me a thing or two about this camera (I'm more of a visual learner) - sign me up for SLR 101. So far so good!























There's only one problem - my "subjects" are already very tired of being my subjects.







3 comments:

DenKag said...

I see some good Christmas card photos in the making!

Bonnie said...

Way to go Chris!

Abby said...

If you figure out how to use it. Give me a lesson!! I've actually heard their is a photographer in CS that teaches classes on how to use your camera. I'll see if I can find her info. I'm thinking of coming and taking her class!!